Vermont is Year-Round Family Fun
There are a variety of indoor and outdoor fun family activities in Southern Vermont throughout the year. Make The Lodge at Bromley and the Kids’ Lodge your home base while exploring the natural beauty of Vermont.
In the summer, hike our mountains and trails, fish in our streams, swim in our lakes and swimming holes, visit our covered bridges, museums and working farms. Vermont is home to many artists and craftsmen that love to welcome visitors into their shops and studios. Of course, outlet shopping in nearby Manchester is popular in every season, as are tours of a variety of historic Vermont Museums.
In the Winter, Enjoy skiing at Bromley Mountain, famous for having Vermont’s only south-facing slopes. Southern exposure means the warmest winter skiing due to the full sun it receives all day long, all winter!
Year Round Family Fun Things to Do:
- VisitManchesterVT.com Manchester Vermont Chamber of Commerce.
- TheGreenMountains.com Explore Bennington to Manchester.
- vtattractions.org Your Guide to Vermont’s Best Attractions.
- Hildene.org The Lincoln Family Home.
- Taylor Farm Working farm and cheese maker.
- Graftonvermont.org Grafton’s uniqueness comes from being a real town – not a museum like re- creation. Fully restored as it would have been hundreds of years ago.
- Westonvt.com Home of the famous Vermont Country Store, Weston Playhouse and Old Mill Museum.
- Manchesterhotglass.com Glass blowing studio & gallery open daily to the public.
- vermont-byways.us The best way to “meet” Vermont is to get off its Interstate Highways and onto our secondary roads.
- VTcheese.com Explore our 45 cheesemaking members who produce over 150 varieties of award winning artisan and farmstead cheese.
Shopping Knows No Seasonal boundaries!
- Manchester Designer Outlets A unique tapestry that blends the quiet beauty of Vermont with a sophisticated designer outlet shopping experience.
- Orvis Since 1856, Orvis is America’s oldest mail-order outfitter and longest continually-operating fly-fishing business.
- Vermont Country Store Purveyors of the Practical and Hard to Find since 1946.
- Grandma Millers The best pies and pastries.
- West River Farmers Market Buy Fresh and Buy Local!
Summer & the “Warm Months”
- Bromley.com Mountain Adventure Park encompasses all you’ve always loved about Vermont’s Summer Adventure! The Alpine Slide, Trampoline Things, Climbing Wall, Mini Golf, Space Bikes, Giant Swing, Big Splash Waterslide, Twin Spin, Scenic chairlift rides and Kidzone fun park for the little guys are great for a whole day of fun on their own! If that’s not enough, our Aerial Adventure Park is ready to challenge you! Climb, glide & slide through the canopy on 5 different courses of ropes, ziplines & bridges. Explore Bromley from a whole new angle! Add the Sun Mountain Flyer for a 50 mph, half mile long thrill! We’ve got 4 tracks of straight up awesome flight to satisfy your craving for adventure!
- Battenkill.com Canoeing & kayaking trips arranged for you. Sharing our passion for great rivers, interesting people and places is what BattenKill is all about.
- MerckForest.org 30 miles of trails and roads for hikers, horseback riders, snowshoers, and cross-country skiers to explore.
- Dorset Quarry Beautiful old marble quarry filled with fresh, clean water. Lots of cliffs to jump from. Very popular and well-known local swimming place. There a few very interesting sculptures carved into the marble. See how many you can find.
- www.fs.usda.gov/greenmountain (hiking)
- Manchester Country Club
Winter & the “Cold Months”
Come ski and learn what makes Bromley the most classic of Vermont ski resorts and why Bromley is the best for family ski vacations in Vermont or anywhere.
- Bromley.com Voted #3 in the East by SKI Magazine’s 2015 Reader Survey for Kid Friendly Activities, and in the top 10 for Service and Value!
- Rileyrink.com (Ice Skating)